The SSC CGL Exam stands for Staff Selection Combined Graduate Level Exam. This exam is conducted to recruit candidates for the post of Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer. Also, the difficulty level of this exam is from moderate to high. Hence, it becomes important to prepare for the exam with the right books. In this article, we will discuss about the important books that you will need for the SSC CGL tier 2 exams.
Selection Process for SSC CGL Exam
To get selected for SSC CGL Exam, you must understand the selection process. Read below to understand. The SSC Exam is divided into four Tiers which have been listed below.
|Tier I||MCQs -Written Exam (Computer Based)|
|Tier II||MCQs- Written Exam (Computer Based)|
|Tier III||Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper)|
|Tier IV||Computer proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skills/ Verification Document|
Exam Pattern of SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam
To know about the necessary SSC CGL books, you must know the exam pattern of the Tier 2 Exam. Have a look.
|Paper||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
And Quantitative Ability
|II||Comprehension and English Language||200||200|
|III||General Studies (Economics and Finance)||100||200|
Important Books for Quantitative Aptitude
These are some important books that you will need for the quantitative aptitude paper of SSC CGL Tier 2. Read below to know more.
- Elementary and Advanced Mathematics- Kiran Publication
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations- R.S. Aggarwal
- Quicker Maths- M. Tyra
- Magical Book- Quicker Maths
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic- Rajesh Verma
- Mathematics Class 11 and 12- R.D. Sharma
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths
- Quantitative Abilities Arithmetic Ability- Kiran Prakashan
- Arithmetic for General Competition Vol1 &2- Neetu Singh
However, other than Quantitative Aptitude you need books for the preparation of other sections as well. They are listed below.
Important Books for Comprehension and English Language
Some important books for the English language are listed here below.
- Perfect Competitive English- V.K. Sinha
- Quick Learning Objective General English by Vikas Aggarwal and RS Aggarwal
- Objective General English – S.P. Bakshi (Arihant)
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension- Arun Sharma
- Word Power Made Easy- Norman Lewis
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations- H.M. Prasad
- Competitive General English-Kiran Prakashan
- Wren& Martin
Important Books for Reasoning
Here are some books for the Reasoning section of SSC CGL are as follows.
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT-Nishit K.Sinha
- New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal % Analytical- Indu Sijwali and BS Sijwali
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT- Arun Sharma
- Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning- R.S. Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning- M.K. Pandey
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT- Nishit K. Sinha
- Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning- R.S. Aggarwal
Important Books You Need for General Awareness
You will need these types of books for preparing the general awareness paper for the SSC CGL Exam.
- Manorma Yearbook (Latest)
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge Dr. Binary Karn- Lucent Publications
- India 2022- Hindi and English
Tips for Preparing SSC CGL Exam
Hence, it is extremely crucial to clear all the rounds for SSC CGL Exam. Make sure that you have proper strategies to solve the question and score good marks. Furthermore, have a thorough knowledge of the syllabus and design a plan for the preparation of the exam.
Henceforth, these are some important books that you need for the preparation for SSC CGL Exam. Now, you can design your plan and boost your preparation for every round.
Stay Connect with Our education blogs that accept guest posts