When launching a new sports brand, there are a few key things to keep in mind. Here are seven of them:
- Establish your target audience. Who is your product or service aimed at? You need to know this before you can start marketing and advertising your new brand.
- Create a strong visual identity. This includes your logo, branding, and marketing materials. The visuals should be memorable and easily recognizable. This should always focus around your audience, as stated in point 1. It’s no good developing a brand identity that doesn’t suit the audience. Here are some great brands who have nailed their identity:
Yoga Studio – The Kali Collective
Weights Sets – Factory Weights
Sports Apparel – GymShark
- Develop a clear message. What makes your brand different from the others? What do you stand for? Your message should be communicated consistently in all of your marketing materials. In the sports industry this is especially important – it’s about lifestyle, aspiration, becoming fitter or better at your sport. How does your brand fulfil this? A good sports marketing agency can help you achieve this.
- Produce high-quality products or services. This is essential if you want customers to keep coming back. Make sure your products or services are reliable and meet the expectations of your target audience. In the sports industry, products have a hard life. Whether that’s apparel like shorts and trainers or equipment such as rugby balls – it all takes a battering and so needs to be built to last.
- Build your presence. Platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram can help you reach a large number of people quickly and easily. Be sure to post regularly and engage with your followers. Utilise sport news sites, like RugbyPass for the rugby news latest or Sky Sports for football news (depending on your focus) to keep up to date with everything that is going on and repost news stories – don’t just push out promotion after promotion. But you can take it offline as well – direct mail is still a great way to get your message out there.
- Stay up to date with trends. The sports industry is constantly evolving, so it’s important to keep track of the latest trends and changes. This will help you stay ahead of the competition and continue to attract customers.
By following these tips, you can create a successful sports brand that will thrive in today’s competitive market.